Thursday, February 18, 2010

Disrespect on an Olympic scale

  I've followed the Olympics for as far back as I can remember.  Never have I seen so many American athletes disrespect the flag during the National Anthem.  By disrespect, I mean not holding your hand over your heart while the anthem is being played.  We learned this in grade school when we recited the Pledge of Allegiance every morning before class started.  Its been quite some time but maybe they don't even do that anymore. 

  Someone needs to tell the fools that run Team USA that its a sign of disrespect to the flag and America when you don't acknowledge allegiance to your country by holding your hand over your heart.  Besides that, the people that have worn their hats through it as well.  My generation isn't exactly perfect but the ones following mine are beyond fundamentally flawed.  If this is a sign of things to come, then America really does need a blessing from God.

No comments:

Post a Comment